• MBBS - St Johns Medical College, 2002
• MRCS - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2006
• FRCS (Tr & Orth) - Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg, 2012
• Foot & Ankle Fellowship - Baltimore USA(01/07/13 - 31/12/13)
Under the world renowned surgeon Dr Mark Myerson at The Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction at Mercy Medical Centre.
• Fellowship in Limb reconstruction - Liverpool (01/08/14 – 31/01/14)
Under Mr D Nayagam, Mr Badri Narayan and Mr N Geotakis at the Royal Liverpool University Hospital Limb reconstruction unit.
His skills and expertise in foot and ankle surgery are a culmination of fellowships of international repute:
Contributing author to:
‘How to suceed in the FRCS T&O Part 1 Exam’, BPP Publishers.
Invited author to – The Foot & Ankle Clinics of North America .
Full papers published:
Osteotomies for hallux rigidus, R Shariff, M Myerson. The North American Foot & Ankle Clinics, Sept 2015.
1. ‘Radiographic Results of First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis for Idiopathic and Recurrent Hallux Valgus’. MS Myerson, R Shariff, PM Ponce,Y Ling. Submitted to JBJS Am.
2. ‘Does hindfoot arthrodesis increase the rate of failure of total ankle arthroplasty? A retrospective study’Palmanovich E, Shariff R, Myerson MS. Submitted to FAI.
1. ‘Does hindfoot arthrodesis increase the rate of failure of total ankle replacements’, American Academy of Foot & Ankle Surgeons – September 2014
2. ‘Radiographic results of first MTP joint arthrodesis for recurrent and idiopathic hallux valgus’, American Academy of Foot & Ankle Surgeons – September 2014
3. ‘Guided growth principle in correction of knee flexion contractures in children’, BOA Meeting, Manchester – September 2009
4. ‘The use of the 8-plate hemiepiphyseodesis for correction of fixed flexion contractures of knees in children with cerebral palsy’, 8th EFORT Congress, Florence, Italy –May 2007
5. ‘The effect of total knee arthroplasty on BMI’, 8th EFORT Congress, Florence, Italy – May 2007
6. ‘The effect of total knee arthroplasty on body mass index – a prospective study’, 15th European SICOT Trainees Meeting, Prague –September 2006
7. ‘Osteochondral fracture of medial malleolus of ankle, an unusual case’, 15th European SICOT Trainees Meeting ,Prague - September 2006
8. ‘Prostatic carcinoma with cervical metastasis, an unusual presentation’, 15th European SICOT Trainees Meeting, Prague – September 2006
9. ‘Umbilical pyloromyotomy – Comparison of vertical linea alba and transverse muscle cutting incisions’, Hungarian International Congress of Paediatric Surgery - 2005
1. ‘The 8-plate procedure for knee flexion contractures in cerebral palsy patients’, British Surgical Society for Cerebral Palsy, Birmingham – November 2006
2. ‘Cholangiocarcinoma, a surgical dilemma?’, Northwest Hepatobiliary Surgery Surgeons Meeting – January 2006.
1. ‘Time to theatre for open fractures TARN audit’ Whiston Hospital Grand Round – January 2010
2. ‘A novel use of the 8 plate for correction of knee flexion contractures’, Regional Alumni Meeting Alder Hey – December 2006.
3. ‘The 8-plate procedure for knee flexion contractures in cerebral palsy patients’, British Society of Childrens Orthopaedic Surgery - January 2007